07 Jul Cabbage, Apple & Carrot Slaw
Snacks and Dips
Cabbage, Apple & Carrot Slaw
This cumin-spiced slaw is crunchy and sweet with shredded red cabbage, carrot and apple. This is a great recipe to have up your sleeve for when you have friends with dietary requirements over for dinner. This is delicious served with any grilled meats, seafood, chickpeas or beans of choice.
- Prepare the cabbage by removing the outer leaves and the core. Slice into quarters, then finely shred. Place in a large serving bowl. Add the apple, carrots, spring onions and herbs.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the salad and toss to combine. You can make this ahead of time, just add the nuts before you eat (otherwise they’ll go soggy).
- ½ large red cabbage, about 300g
- 1 apple, julienned or finely sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned or grated
- 2 spring onions finely chopped or ½ small onion finely chopped
- 1 handful coriander, mint or other herbs, stalks and leaves
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp maple syrup or pomegranate molasses
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of nuts or dried fruit of your choice (optional)