07 Jul Crunchy Witlof Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Crunchy Witlof Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing & Eggs
This creamy green feta dressing can be eaten even without any salad, it’s that good! I use witlof as the base of this simple salad but use whatever greens you have on hand. The carrots add a sweet crunch and, if you’d like to bulk this up, add a handful of nuts or perhaps half an avocado, too.
- Bring a large wide saucepan of water to the boil. Add eggs and simmer for 6 minutes, then remove and plunge into cold water. When cool enough to handle, peel and halve.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and, using a whisk or the back of a fork, mash the feta to combine. If you’d like, reserve a little extra dressing to drizzle on top of the salad when you serve. Add the witlof (or salad leaves of choice) and carrots and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing (if desired).
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 head of witlof, leaves left whole or roughly chopped (or any lettuce/kale of choice)
- 6 carrots (multi-coloured if you can find them), finely chopped into matchsticks
- 1 small handful dill (leaves and stems)
- 1 small handful mint leaves (not stems)
- 100g yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g feta cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper