07 Jul Mexican Black Bean Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Mexican Black Bean Salad with Cumin Dressing
This colourful Mexican bean salad is bold and punchy. Enjoy as a salad or halve the recipe and use as a dip or salsa to serve with corn chips. If you don’t like raw red onion, leave this out.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a large serving bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the beans, peppers, sweetcorn, coriander and red onion. You can either divide these into sections (as seen in the photo) and then toss to combine or toss straight away.
- 2 x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed or 500g cooked black beans
- 2 peppers, mixed colours (red, green and orange), chopped to the same size as the beans
- 100g sweetcorn (frozen and defrosted or fresh and raw or lightly cooked)
- 1 large handful coriander, roughly chop leaves and finely chop stems
- 1 red onion (or 4 spring onions), finely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper