11 Mar 5 Alternative Gifts for Mother’s Day
5 Alternative Gifts for Mother’s Day
These alternative gifts for Mother’s Day can be loved all year round, and can extend to friends and loved ones too. Or even treat yourself! Gift experiences that can be treasured forever, whilst you ease your mind along the way or help other’s more in need. Here are a few of my favourites to share but there are loads more lovely ideas too so do let me know yours! And if you want to give the gift of cooking… try this lovely Wild Garlic Frittata for a surprise breakfast or brunch.
1. Make pottery together. My friend Sarah introduced me to the wonderful Kana London in London fields and I completely loved it. Spend a cosy morning or afternoon making pinch pots and bowls. You could buy a voucher to use at a later date.
2. Off-set your carbon footprint and gift a tree. It’s a small act but an important one (plus kids and adults love the idea of ‘owning’ their own tree). Read more about it here. And another wonderful tree-planting initiative is from Treedom. Who make the planet a greener place and bring food security to farmers.
3. Unwind and paint together. Master Peace London is a mindful painting experience in Eccleston Yard. I had the most relaxing and enjoyable evening painting one of my favourite moments of 2019, in an apple orchard on the Isles of Scilly.
4. Join in a Mental Health Mates walk. Take it slow, talk to lovely people and take in the day with these walks set up by my brilliant pal Bryony Gordon. There are walks popping up all over the country so have a look to see which one you could join.
5. Help refugees by shopping for those in need at the Choose Love store. The store contains practical items like tents, nappies and sleeping bags. But instead of taking them home, each purchase buys a similar item for someone who truly needs it.
6. And last but no way least, gift your Mother or loved ones my cookbook *Eat Green* to help them waste less food and maybe think a little differently about conscious consumption and sustainable living.