12 Dec Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Breakfast & Brunch
Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Muffins
When you’re in the mood for a savoury breakfast on the go, these Bacon & Cheese muffins are the perfect option! Use any cheese you feel like and feel free to sub any veg instead of the bacon. They’re a great way to use up leftover cheese board cheese too.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a muffin tray well with a little butter or ghee or if you like use paper cases.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with a large pinch of sea salt & black pepper, half of the cheese, the chopped garlic and most of the spring onions, saving some for garnishing.
- Pour into the trays and bake for 12 minutes then add the remaining grated cheese and grill for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Once slightly cooled remove the muffins from the tray and top each with a little dollop of sour cream, bacon and spring onions.
- 12 eggs
- 1 bunch of spring onions, save a few for garnishing
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 250g bacon bits, fried until crispy and golden and finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls of mature cheddar or any strong cheese you like, grated
- Optional – sour cream