07 Jul Beetroot, Olive & Feta Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Beetroot, Olive & Feta Salad with Sumac Dressing
This vibrant salad is a melange of fresh, simple ingredients that packs up well for a picnic (just take the feta to scatter on top before you serve). If you don’t like feta, swap with goat’s or any cheese of your choice. Sumac is a Middle Eastern spice that adds sweetness to the dressing.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, beetroot, olives and flat leaf parsley in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add the dressing ingredients to the salad and toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with feta.
**Sumac is used in a lot of Middle Eastern cooking and can be bought at any good supermarket or grocer.**
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g cooked beetroot, chopped into wedges
- 100g Sicilian olives
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley (or any herb of choice), roughly chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sumac*
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper