07 Jul Black Bean, Mango & Lime Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Black Bean, Mango & Lime Salad
This Black Bean, Mango & Lime vibrant quinoa salad, is packed with fresh flavours and makes the perfect Summer side or main. The sweet mango beautifully contrasts with the zesty lime and coriander. Use any tinned beans you have in cupboard and feel free to swap the coriander for fresh mint or any herbs you have in the garden.
- Place quinoa in a saucepan with liquid. Bring to the boil then reduce heat, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is just cooked. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place avocado in a large serving bowl. Add the mango, black beans, spring onions, red chilli and coriander and toss to combine. Add lime juice, olive oil and cooled quinoa. Toss and season to taste.
- 250g quinoa
- 500ml water, stock or broth
- 1 large ripe avocado, flesh chopped
- 1 ripe mango, flesh chopped into the same size as the avocado
- 1 tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced or ½ red onion
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large handful fresh coriander
- Juice of 3 limes
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper