28 Mar Blueberry & Lemon Perfect Pancakes
Breakfast & Brunch
Blueberry & Lemon Perfect Pancakes
I love these blueberry & lemon zesty pancakes, which are no nonsense, easy to whip up and are a great way to use up ripe bananas. Perfect in the morning or even make extra for a breakfast or snack on the go! Grab your ripe bananas, whizz them up and top with whipped yoghurt, melted blueberries (from the freezer) & lemon zest.
I’ve used quinoa flakes which are really easy to get hold of & look out for British grown companies like hodmedods.
- Place all the ingredients for the pancakes (except the oil) in a blender or food processor & whizz for about 30 seconds. Alternatively, mash the bananas with a fork & mix in a jug with all the remaining ingredients.
- Melt a little of the coconut oil in a large frying pan on a high heat.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan & use the back of the spoon to swirl into a rough circle about 1cm thick and 8cm wide. Repeat to make another two to three pancakes, depending on the size of your pan. Reduce the heat to medium & leave the pancakes to set for 1½ minutes. When they start to bubble, flip them over & cook for 1 minute on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the rest of the batter, using a little more of the coconut oil each time, until you have made eight pancakes. (Place the pancakes on a plate in a low oven to keep warm while you make the rest).
- Once your pancakes are made & keeping warm, whip up some coconut yoghurt or full fat natural yoghurt & gently heat up the blueberries, with a little maple syrup, in your pancake pan until they are hot through & softening.
- Serve your pancakes topped with yoghurt swirled with the berries & zest
- 2 ripe bananas (total 200g), peeled
- 100g quinoa flakes
- 180ml any milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- tiny pinch salt
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp coconut oil (for frying)
- zest of 1/2 lemon (adding 1/2 to the pancake & 1/2 for sprinkling on top)
- For the blueberries:
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 handfuls frozen blueberries
- juice of 1/2 lemon