23 Oct Broccoli, Pea & Za’atar Soup
Soups & Bowl Food
Broccoli, Pea & Za’atar Soup
A bright green soup; use frozen broccoli and peas if you fancy, instead of buying them fresh! Za’atar is a spice blend traditionally made with dried herbs such as marjoram or thyme and gives this simple soup a Middle Eastern flair.
- In a large pan, gently fry the onions in the ghee until softened, about 4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Then add the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and broth and bring to the boil.
- Let simmer for 4 minutes then add the peas and turn the heat off.
- Season, add half lemon juice, 1 tbsp za’atar and blend carefully in batches, tasting for seasoning and adjusting with more lemon juice.
- Serve each bowl with za’atar, olive oil and chilli flakes.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs ghee/butter/coconut oil
- 200g (frozen) peas
- 800g broccoli (2 broccoli heads), fresh or frozen
- 800ml stock/broth
- Juice of lemon
- 1 tbs za’atar
- sea salt & pepper
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Extra za’atar to sprinkle
- chilli flakes