21 Jan Cauliflower no-waste Noodles
Cauliflower no-waste Noodles
The best quick weeknight dinner of cauliflower and kale noodles, using every part of the cauliflower so there’s no-waste. This is my go-to when I’ve got veg that needs using up, so do feel free so swap for broccoli, cabbage or any other greens you’ve got lying around that need some love. Simply don’t serve with the egg for a tasty vegan recipe!
I love buckwheat noodles with this but use any you can get hold of (or have already got). And for more zero waste recipes, get your hands on my brand new cookbook *Eat Green*.
- Cook your fave noodles according to the label instructions then drain & toss with a little olive oil to stop them sticking.
- Meanwhile heat a little coconut oil or ghee in a large frying pan and fry the roughy chopped cauliflower florets plus the leaves on a medium for about 5 minutes, every minute or so until just tender.
- While the cauli is cooking, roughly chop the cavolo nero or kale and add to the cauliflower pan, turning up the heat, add a splash of water if sticking.
- Make the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar or blitz in a food processor.
- Add the noodles to the frying pan, toss well and then pour in the dressing, stirring through everything for a minute. Season to taste and serve with a fried egg on each bowl or a big handful of toasted cashews. Or both!
1 medium cauliflower (plus leaves) 800g
150g cavolo nero or kale
For the dressing:
Juice of 2 juicy limes or 1 big lemon
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp tamari
2 inches fresh ginger, finely grated
Chilli flakes, to taste
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
Sea salt & pepper to taste
Serve with: a big handful toasted cashew and fried eggs if you like (I do both)