23 Oct Cauliflower & Leek Soup
Soups & Bowl Food
Cauliflower & Leek Soup
The beans add such a comforting creaminess in this soup and a little blue cheese or cheddar cheese doesn’t go a miss sprinkled on top at the end! If you can’t get leeks then don’t stress, spring onions or white onions work perfectly too. I used frozen cauliflower florets for speed so feel free to use frozen or fresh!
- In a large pan, gently fry the leeks in butter for 8 minutes until softened, stirring from time to time. After 8 minutes, remove a few tablespoons of the fried leeks for garnishing.
- Add the garlic for a few minutes more along with the nutmeg/herbs and salt & pepper.
- Add the cauliflower, drained beans and broth, bring up to boil then let simmer on medium for about 8 minutes until tender.
- Blend in batches, adjusting for seasoning, adding more liquid if you need it.
- Serve up each bowl and top with some fried leeks, drizzle of oil and a some chilli flakes or extra black pepper.
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 2 tbs ghee/ butter/ coconut oil
- 1 x 400g tin of white beans eg cannellini (240g drained)
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large cauliflower, 800g, chopped in florets
- 900ml quality broth/stock/water
- Pinch of grated nutmeg or 1 tsp dried herbs like thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Chilli flakes or extra pepper