18 Feb Chocolate & Hazelnut Bake
Sweets & Puddings
Chocolate & Hazelnut Bake
We all need a quick & simple chocolate recipe up our sleeves to make in a hurry for our loved ones & this Chocolate & Hazelnut Bake does just the job. Share with your friends who need a little love this week, or even keep them all for yourself. They make great lunchbox snacks too!
If you have any nut allergies, simply leave out the hazelnuts or replace with whatever else you fancy.
Look out for Fairtrade Chocolate to use.
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a 20x30cm tin with parchment.
- Melt the coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and 100g of the chocolate in a small saucepan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a bit.
- In a large bowl, sift the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sea salt. Then add the slightly cooled and melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple and chocolate to the bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Whisk in the beaten eggs until you have a glossy and smooth batter. Pour the batter into the tin then slightly press in the hazelnuts with the remaining chocolate pieces and bake for 10 minutes. You want your bake to be a little gooey so don’t worry if it still looks a little under baked. Let cool a little then slice up.
- Sprinkle over anything else you might fancy – I had some freeze dried raspberries that I felt fancy with!
4 quality eggs
180g coconut oil
4 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
100g coconut flour
150g of 75% chocolate, roughly chopped (saving 50g for chunks on the top)
30g cocoa powder
1 large handful hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1 tsp baking powder
Little pinch of sea salt
Optional – handful freeze dried raspberries