07 Jul Citrus Carrot & Mint Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Citrus Carrot & Mint Salad
This makes a lovely side to a Moroccan-style braised lamb or a simple roast chicken. One day, I didn’t have an orange in the house, so I used a mandarin instead, which was just as delicious. I’ve also been known to add a handful of feta or some grilled halloumi, too.
- Make the dressing by adding all the ingredients (including the spring onion) to a large serving bowl and season to taste. Set aside while you slice the carrots.
- Prep the carrots by peeling, spiralizing or slicing thinly into long ribbons.
- Smack the mint leaves between your palms, then roughly chop. Add to the salad. Scatter with pumpkin seeds and pomegranate (if using), to serve.
- 6 large carrots, multicoloured if you can
- 1 small handful of mint leaves
- 1 small handful of pumpkin seeds or any nuts or seeds
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 orange or blood orange, juiced, about 4 tbsp
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper