07 Jul Cooling Cucumber & Watermelon Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Cooling Cucumber & Watermelon Salad
Everyone loves serving feta in watermelon salads but I don’t think it needs it! This is such a simple salad that, on paper, doesn’t look too special. Tossed together with fresh herbs and some quality extra-virgin olive oil, this dish is a reminder that simple is often best!
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped peppers, cucumber, flat leaf parsley and watermelon. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season to taste. Chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced into the same size as the pepper pieces
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 600g watermelon, flesh scooped out and diced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper