05 Jul Cuban Style Limey Corn on the Cob
Salads and Small Plates
Colombian style Limey Corn on the Cob
I first had this Cuban Style Limey Corn on the Cob almost 15 years ago at Cafe Habana in NYC and the delicious flavors have stayed with me ever since. This isn’t the exact recipe but it’s inspired by it!
Either cook these on the BBQ or simply boil them on the hob. Great alongside other BBQ dishes and really fun to play around with. If you don’t have a lime, swap for lemon or swap parmesan for crumbled feta. If you want to make it vegan, the combination of chili oil and lime is amazing.
- For the BBQ, par boil your cobs for a few minutes and pat dry then throw them on a hot BBQ for a few minutes until lightly browned. Or if you’re cooking on the hob only, boil for 5-10 minutes until bright yellow.
- Throw on a plate, add your knob of butter and sprinkle over the cayenne (to your taste), freshly grated parmesan, lime zest and juice and finish with a big pinch of sea salt and pepper. Serve with extra lime wedges.
- 4 corn on the cobs
- Sprinkling cayenne pepper (to taste) or chilli flakes/chilli oil
- Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 2 limes cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp butter (or just use chili oil to make vegan)
- Big grating of parmesan cheese (or crumbled feta)
- Salt & pepper to taste