07 Mar Easy Chinese Chicken Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Easy Chinese Chicken Salad
The zingy five spice sesame dressing is the key to this bold Chinese chicken salad. Poach a whole chicken and then shred the meat to toss through with the crunchy cabbage, carrots and spring onion. This makes a great packed lunch, just take the nuts in a tupperware container to sprinkle on before eating.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrots and spring onions. Toss to combine.
- Before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
- 200g cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 head of chinese cabbage, about 400g, shredded or bok choy or any green/white cabbage
- 2 large carrots, peeled or spiralized
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peanuts or almonds, finely chopped
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes or to taste
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime or 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper