07 Jul Fried Courgette with Garlic, Chilli & Vinegar
Salads and Small Plates
Fried Courgette with Garlic, Chilli & Vinegar
I had a big bag of sad-looking courgettes sitting in my fridge and I couldn’t bear to throw them away – instead, I whipped up this Italian-inspired fried courgette recipe similar to a dish the wonderful Rachel Roddy made at a World Reader Charity supper club this Summer. Tossing the still-warm courgette in the raw garlic dressing slightly cooks the garlic (so it’s not too overpowering).
- Heat oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan. Add courgette rounds and cook until lightly golden on both sides.
- Place in a large bowl, still warm, and add garlic, chilli, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste and leave to marinate until cooled to room temperature.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, for frying
- 3 large courgettes, sliced into rounds
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, for dressing
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper