07 Jul Greek-Style Pasta Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Greek-Style Pasta Salad
Brimming with cherry tomatoes, olives and feta, this colourful Greek-inspired pasta is the perfect picnic dish and makes for a great packed lunch. There are so many alternative pastas these days and I just love this with buckwheat pasta. Serve chilled or at room temperature. It makes a terrific accompaniment for barbequed meats and kebabs.
- Rinse the pasta under cold water, then cook as per the instructions on the packet. While the pasta is cooking, chop your vegetables. Once cooked, drain well under cold water and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with a little olive oil to stop the pasta from sticking. Place in a large bowl.
- Add your chopped tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and red onion to the cooled pasta and toss to combine. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, olives (if using) and feta. Taste and adjust seasoning, as required, and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
- 250g pasta of your choice
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 handful olives (optional), pitted and roughly chopped
- 100g feta