07 Jul Green Bean Salad with Chickpeas
Salads and Small Plates
Green Bean Salad with Chickpeas
This makes a fantastic side, served warm or cold. Swap the chickpeas for any beans and make use of the freezer to keep green beans in.
- Place the sliced red onion in a large serving bowl with sea salt & pepper, honey, vinegar and olive oil
- Steam green beans in about 6 tbsp of water, lid on, until just tender, about 5 minutes then drain any excess liquid and add to the serving bowl along with the drained chickpeas.
- Put the pan back on the heat and toast the nuts for a minute until just golden then roughly chop and top the salad with the nuts, chilli flakes and season to taste.
- 300g green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small handful of nuts like hazelnuts or almonds or seeds of your choice
- 1 pinch of aleppo chilli or chilli flakes, to taste