07 Jul Halloumi, Courgette Ribbons & Avocado Salad
Halloumi, Courgette Ribbons & Avocado Salad
This is one of those ad-hoc recipes that I created when I looked in my fridge one day and simply pulled out all these ingredients and threw them together. And what a happy discovery it was! I love grilled halloumi; there truly is something special about its salty, creamy flavour and chewy texture which I just can’t get enough of.
- Peel or spiralize the courgettes into ribbons or strips then toss them on a serving platter with the dressing. I like to massage the dressing into them.
- Add the halloumi to the pan and let fry on either side for 1 ½ – 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile add the tomatoes, roughly chopped fresh herbs and avocado to the salad, give everything a toss then top with the fried halloumi and serve immediately.
- 2 large courgettes
- 1 x 250g pack of halloumi, sliced into 8
- 4 handfuls of watercress or other salad leaves
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes diced
- 2 large handfuls of fresh herbs (parsley and mint)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of raw honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of chilli flakes, to taste
- Sea salt and black pepper