03 Jul Happiness Balls
Sweets, Pudding and Baking
Eating truffles has got to be one of life’s true happy moments & even better when they’re homemade & ridiculously easy. This is one of the most made recipes from Eat Happy.
With only 5 ingredients these chocolate-y balls of goodness can be thrown together in a matter of moments; it just takes serious patience (and self control) not to devour the mixture before it sets in the fridge! Roll them in whatever you’ve got that needs using up & takes your fancy. Sometimes I just do cocoa powder.
Look out for Fairtrade Cocoa Powder to use in this recipe.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan, then add the maple syrup, cocoa powder, nut butter and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a wide shallow dish. The wider the dish, the faster it will cool. Then place in the fridge to set for about 1 hour. Alternatively, you can speed up the process and place the dish in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- When the mixture has set, use a tablespoon (and dry hands) to form into 20 x 2cm balls. If they’re too sticky, put them back in the fridge or freezer to harden a little more.
- Place the cocoa powder or coconut on a plate. Roll each ball in the cocoa or coconut until covered on all sides. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 tbsp cashew nut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra cocoa powder (or desiccated coconut)