03 Jul Happiness Balls
Sweets, Pudding and Baking
Truffles only sound fancy—to make at home, they’re actually ridiculously simple! With just 5 ingredients, these chocolate-y balls of goodness can be thrown together in a matter of moments, it just takes serious patience (and self control) not to devour the mixture before it sets in the fridge!
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium saucepan, then add the maple syrup, cocoa powder, nut butter and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a wide shallow dish. The wider the dish, the faster it will cool. Then place in the fridge to set for about 1 hour. Alternatively, you can speed up the process and place the dish in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- When the mixture has set, use a tablespoon (and dry hands) to form into 20 x 2cm balls. If they’re too sticky, put them back in the fridge or freezer to harden a little more.
- Place the cocoa powder or coconut on a plate. Roll each ball in the cocoa or coconut until covered on all sides. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 8 tbsp cashew nut butter (or any nut butter of your choice)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra cocoa powder (or desiccated coconut)