23 Oct Herby Chicken Courgette Noodle Soup
Soups & Bowl Food
Herby Chicken Courgette Noodle Soup
There’s nothing quite like a warming bowl of chicken soup to make you feel a thousand times better. I used leftover roast chicken here and spiralized some courgette noodles which you can do with a julienne peeler or a regular peeler too. If you’re after a veggie meal, simply swap the chicken for some mushrooms!
- Gently fry the onion in a large saucepan for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the garlic for a final minute.
- Add the broth, carrots and dried herbs and bring to the boil then straight away turn down to a medium heat to simmer until the carrots are tender, about 12 minutes. Use the time to turn the courgettes into noodles with a peeler or spiralizer.
- Turn up the heat and add the shredded chicken to the pan along with the courgette noodles to heat through for 1 minute then take off the heat, taste for seasoning, stir through the parsley and serve up with the toppings of your choice.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 1/2 tbs ghee/butter
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 litre good quality chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil or rosemary
- 3 large courgettes, in noodles using a spiralizer or julienne peeler
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 300 – 350g of cooked shredded chicken or add mushrooms if veggie
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley, chopped, or fresh basil
- a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- chilli flakes or extra black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese