22 Dec Kimchi Kale Noodles
Kimchi Kale Noodles
These Kimchi Kale noodles are so lovely hot or cold so great to make for dinner and have for a laptop free lunch the next day! They’re quick & packed with lots of veg. I’ve used cavolo nero and cauliflower but feel free to add in anything else you’ve got like broccoli or kale. And add loads of ginger & garlic to liven up your week.
This is made extra delicious with kimchi but if you don’t have any don’t worry, sauerkraut or just some chilli through it would be delicious. If you want to bulk this out pop an egg on top too and/or some fried mushrooms if you fancy.
- Make the dressing by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar or blitz in a food processor if you like your sauces smoother.
- Cook your fave noodles to the label instructions then drain & toss with a little oil to stop them sticking.
- Meanwhile toast your cashews in a large frying pan & set aside. Then in same pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee & fry the roughly chopped cauliflower florets plus the leaves on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stir every minute or so until just tender & going golden at the edges. Add some sea salt.
- While the cauli is cooking, chop the cavolo nero or kale leaves & add to the cauliflower pan for a few minutes, turning up the heat, adding a splash of water if sticking.
- Add the noodles to the frying pan, toss well and then pour in the dressing, stirring through everything for a minute to heat. Season to taste off the heat & serve with a fried egg on each bowl plus kimchi
1 medium cauliflower (plus leaves) 800g
150g cavolo nero or kale
a bundle of noodles per person, I like buckwheat
For the dressing:
Juice of 2 juicy limes or 1 big lemon
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp tamari
2 inches fresh ginger, finely grated
Chilli flakes, to taste
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
2 tsp maple syrup or honey
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
Sea salt & pepper to taste
Big handful cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
Serve with: kimchi or fried eggs