13 Dec Lemon & Lime Drizzle Muffins
Sweets & Puddings
Lemon & Lime Drizzle Muffins
These Lemon & Lime Drizzle muffins are perfect with a cup of tea on a gloomy day, with no fuss & no baking skills required. A great way to use up any citrus fruits that need some love and feel free to use whatever you have; oranges would be really lovely too. If you’ve only got lemon or lime then feel free to use either or.
They also work really well on the go or for a packed lunch so make a big batch all for you or share with friends and loved ones.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan, then remove from the heat and leave it to cool for a few minutes so it doesn’t scramble the eggs.
3. Meanwhile, combine the ground almonds, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a tiny pinch of salt in a large bowl.
5. Use a tablespoon to divide the batter among the muffin cases so that each one is about two-thirds full. Use the back of the spoon to smooth the tops and then bake in the oven for about 18-22 minutes until lightly golden on top and a skewer comes out clean in the middle (depends on the size of the cupcakes and how juicy your fruit is).
6. Meanwhile, using the same small saucepan, gently heat the glaze ingredients together for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, then taste and adjust with a little more maple syrup or more citrus juice if you think it needs it.
7. When the muffins are out of the oven, leave them in the tin & use a fine skewer to prick holes in each one. Pour over the glaze as they cool.
3 medium eggs