07 Jul Mexican Black Bean Salad
Salads and Small Plates
Mexican Black Bean Salad with Cumin Dressing
This colourful Mexican bean salad is bold and punchy and makes a great packed lunch (top with avocado, shredded roast chicken, smoked fish or some roasted sweet potato). Enjoy as a side salad or halve the recipe and use as a dip or salsa to serve with crisps or corn chips or try my chickpea crackers from EAT HAPPY.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a large serving bowl and stir to combine.
- Add all the other ingredients then toss well, taste for seasoning and serve straight away but it’s even tastier when it’s sat int he frdige to chill for a bit. Toss again before serving.
- 2 x 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed or 500g cooked black beans
- 2 peppers, mixed colours (red, green and orange), chopped to the same size as the beans
- 100g sweetcorn (frozen and defrosted or fresh and raw or lightly cooked)
- 1 large handful coriander, roughly chop leaves and finely chop stems
- 1 red onion (or 4 spring onions), finely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne (or to taste) or add fresh chilli
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 fat clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper