07 Jul Mojito Cucumber Iced Tea
Drinks and Cocktails
Mojito Cucumber Iced Tea
This refreshing summer tipple isn’t exactly authentic – but gosh it’s good. Using green or lemon verbena tea as the base, it adds another dimension of flavour that works a treat. I like to serve this in jugs when I’m entertaining outdoors in summer. Top with plenty of cucumber, mint and a dash of raw honey.
- Brew the tea bags for 3 minutes (if green tea) or up to 10 minutes (if using lemon verbena). Green tea becomes bitter if brewed too long. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place mint in a large serving jug. Add cucumber, lime juice, raw honey and sparkling water. Taste and adjust accordingly. For an alcoholic version, add vodka, to taste, at this point.
- Serve immediately with ice cubes or store in the fridge (without the mint as it will discolour or soda water, as it will go flat).
- 2 teabags of green tea or lemon verbena tea (if you’re avoiding caffeine)
- 1 very large handful of fresh mint, 30g
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled into strips
- Juice of 2 limes
- Squeeze of raw honey to taste
- 300ml sparkling water or water
- Vodka (optional), to taste