18 Jun Moroccan Chicken Tray Bake
Moroccan Chicken Tray Bake
Tray bakes are a great option when you want something delicious without the hassle of spending too long in the kitchen. This Moroccan Chicken Tray Bake goes perfectly in Summer with a simple salad or even on colder days when you want something warming with a summer flare to it. If you don’t have all the ingredients, feel free to throw in whatever you have in the fridge. Make it veggie or vegan by cooking it without the chicken and use any leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and put the ghee or coconut oil in a large roasting tray and pop in the oven for a few minutes to melt while you start chopping and prepping the veg.
- Remove the tray and add the all of the ingredients and then lay the chicken thighs on top. Add the spices and rub in to make sure the chicken is coated. Add a big pinch of sea salt and pepper and return to the oven for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with a sprinkling of mint, parsley or coriander.
- 1 tbsp butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 300g green beans, halved
- 2 red, yellow or orange peppers, sliced
- 1 handful olives
- 1 handful dates, chopped
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained weight 240g
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprikaTo serve
- handful of mint / parsley / coriander