17 Sep Non Boring Soup Toppings
Non-boring Soup Toppings You’ll Love
As a self-confessed soup lover, I am always looking for ways to add extra flavour, crunch and excitement to my soup. So here are 5 ways you can spruce up yours:
1. Halloumi Croutons: not technically “croutons” as there’s no bread involved but these are delicious cubes of crispy fried halloumi. Simply chop, fry in a little butter or oil & cook to your desired crispiness. Get the recipe.
2. Make a fridge raid herby drizzle: Whizz up any herbs or left over salad leaves you’ve got that need some love with some olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice & a little salt in a blender & drizzle on. Try this recipe.
3. Roast some veggies: Depending on what soup you’re making, you might like to roast a little of what you’re using for ultimate texture & flavour on top. I love roasting kale or any discarded cauliflower leaves for extra crunch. Try this.
4. A drizzle of olive oil/yoghurt/kefir: I love adding extra swirls to my soups and particularly love yoghurt or kefir with extra virgin olive oil on top. Extra creaminess & even more flavour.
5. Dry fry some seeds or nuts: Simply toast a mixture or your favourite seeds/nuts in a dry pan on a low heat & listen out for when they start to “pop” or turn brown. Then take them off the heat & add onto your delicious soup.