12 Dec Purchase with Purpose
Purchase with Purpose; Gifts that give back
Whether you’re buying for the office Secret Santa, your neighbour, your loved ones OR maybe treating yourself to something special (because you deserve it), how about choosing from these presents that give back. Here are a round up of my favourites….
3. Help Refugees – Shop your heart out at the Choose Love pop-up shop, leave with nothing. Everything bought will be donated to someone who really needs it. The pop-up is just off Carnaby Street, London or online.
4. Fairtrade coffee and chocolate – I was lucky to visit fairtrade farmers in Kenya in November & I’ve seen first hand the difference the fairtrade price guarantee has on the women, their families and communities – look out for the fairtrade label on chocolate & coffee – I love Divine chocolate bars and these minty thins made in West Sussex Cocoa Loco
6. Skincare for the lads in your life – the Proverb Foundation on A Beautiful World with a % of profit from all sales to Wateraid and for the first Friday in Jan A Beautiful World run ‘Pink Friday’ where all profits from the day go to breast cancer charities.
7. Zaytoun fairtrade social enterprise in Palestine – my faves are their olive oil and za’atar zesty thyme mix (delicious on roasted veggies or chicken).
9. Ethically made homeware made by artisans in East Africa– my school friend set this up, I have the beautiful soft tea towels, woven plant holders and the recycled wine bottle storage containers in my kitchen and bathroom. From £9
10. Anna Louch award winning ethical jewellery – 60% of sales of the ‘Seed of Hope’ necklace goes to Fashion Revolution – the world’s largest fashion activism movement calling for transparency and radical change in the industry. From £85 for fairmined silver, £275 fairtrade gold
11. Wild at Heart bouquet – XXXX profits go the Wild at Heart foundation that supports animal welfare projects, particularly dog rescue, adoption and rehoming.