26 Mar Sprouting Broccoli Mimosa
Purple Sprouting Broccoli Mimosa
This Purple Sprouting Broccoli Mimosa is a favourite of mine when I’ve got friends coming over & I need something quick & easy to throw together. If like me, you’ve always got eggs that need using up, this is a great recipe for just that. Purple Sprouting Broccoli is in season early in the year so I goes perfectly in this during Spring, but use any green veg you’ve got that needs some love and feel free to make vegan by skipping the eggs and having a lovely lentil, broccoli salad instead. Perfect for a brunch, lunch or dinner and saved for a lunchbox the next day!
- Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, spring onions & mustard in a medium bowl then whisking in the olive oil and season to taste.
- Simmer the eggs in just boiled water for 7 minutes then drain the eggs, run them under cold water and then peel them.
- While the eggs are cooking, prep the broccoli by slicing any particularly large florets in half and chopping the stems.
- Once the eggs are cooked, rinse out, then steam the broccoli in salted water, lid on, for 3 minutes until just tender, draining any excess liquid, then toss in the dressing while warm, with the lentils.
- While the broccoli is steaming, grate the eggs into a bowl and season with sea salt & pepper then serve up with the eggs over the a pile of the broccoli and sprinkle over the fresh herbs.
3 spring onions, roughly chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tsp mustard, dijon
700g purple sprouting broccoli
280g cooked puy lentils (1x400g tin)
1 large handful fresh parsley/tarragon / dill / fennel tops
Salt and black pepper