12 Jan Quick & Easy Spinach Eggs
Breakfast & Brunch
Quick & Easy Spinach Eggs
Super speedy 10 minute one pan dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, supper… I’d have it any time of day! A great way to get a nice big dose of spinach, made extra tasty from the touch of lemon and cumin. Serve with anything you fancy- my favourites are avocado, smoked salmon and a crumbling of feta.
1. Toast the spices in a medium frying pan for 30 seconds then add the butter/coconut oil along with the garlic/spring onions for another 30 seconds.
2. Add the spinach, I normally add a third of it with a little splash of water to cook down for 15 seconds, then another third then the final as it’s such a huge amount but it will cook down! Let the spinach wilt down and excess water cook off for about 2 mins on a high heat. Season well.
3. Make four gaps in the pan and crack the eggs in, turn the heat down to medium-low, season the eggs and put a lid on the pan and let cook for 3 – 5 minutes, checking after 3 minutes for the whites to set and the yolk to stay yolky!
4. Serve with a squeeze of lemon over the spinach and chilli flakes on the eggs.
- 350g spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 garlic clove or 2 spring onions finely chopped (or both)
- pinch of cumin seeds or 1/2 tsp ground cumin or your fav spice
- 1 tbs butter or coconut oil
- sea salt & pepper
- squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- chilli flakes to serve