11 Jun Roasted Summer Squash Salad
Salads & Sides
Roasted Summer Squash Salad
Roasted squash is great any time of year and is one of my favourite accompaniments to a Summer BBQ spread. This Roasted Squash Salad is one you can throw in the oven whilst you get on with other food or entertaining guests. Swap for carrots, sweet potato or a mix if you don’t have squash.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and melt the coconut oil in a large baking tray (or use 2 trays)
- Prepare the squash then carefully remove the tray and toss the squash in the hot melted oil
- Season with the spices and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Roast for 20–25 minutes, turning the pieces of squash over two–thirds of the way through.
- Remove from the oven and add the toasted pine nuts and drizzle with the lemon juice, evoo and finally finish with a garnish of fresh coriander or any other herbs and season to taste.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled & sliced into 5mm thick moons
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch chilli flakes or chopped fresh chilli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds or a mix
- Small handful toasted pine nuts
- Small handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped or any herbs
To Serve (options)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Micro herbs, rocket or watercress