12 Dec Salmon & Veg Tray Bake
Salmon & Veg Tray Bake
Tray bakes are my go to when I want something super yummy but aren’t in the mood to cook and prep for ages or wash up. This salmon and veg one tray wonder is so simple and ready in under 30 minutes. Feel free to make it even spicier or even remove the harissa if you’re not a fan.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and put the ghee or coconut oil in a large roasting tray and pop in the oven for a few minutes to melt while you start chopping the veg.
- Remove the tray and add the onions, carrots and broccoli and toss in the hot oil with a big pinch of sea salt & pepper then return to the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and salmon and sprinkle the harrisa spice over the top.
- Pop back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
- 1 tbs ghee/ coconut oil/ butter
- 1 small (red) onion, roughly sliced
- ½ a head of broccoli, about 150g, cut into large equal sized florets
- 1 medium carrot, finely sliced on the angle
- 2 x wild salmon fillets, skin on or your choice of fish (cooking times will vary)
- 1 lemon – half the lemon sliced in rounds, half the lemon for squeezing
- 1 tbs harissa spice or harissa spice paste, to taste
- Sea salt & pepper
- 1 tin chickpeas