18 Sep Setting September Intentions
Setting September Intentions
As we welcome September with slightly colder & darker mornings, I always feel like it’s an opportunity to turn a leaf, start a new & set some intentions. It’s a busy little time of year; everyone’s back to school & work mode, we’re saying farewell to our swimming cossies & sandals & welcoming back our jumper pile, & it’s a great time to have a little check in with ourselves.
It’s also my Birthday on the 17th (yippee, go Virgos!) so it always feels right for me to check in at this time of year & allow room for growth as I welcome the next year (hopefully growing with just grace & no age). So here I share a few of my intentions for September & the year ahead with you & perhaps it inspires you to do the same…
- Life is not a race. Grow as you need to, in your own time & at your own pace.
- You can’t be good at everything, you’re not superhuman. Let go of the idea that you need to conquer all your fears straight away or ever!
- Spend more time having face to face human interactions & meetings & less time on emails & phone calls.
- Ask for support when you need it. Don’t think you can do everything by yourself, it’s ok to ask for help.
- When making soup, make double & share with someone else who needs it.
- You are constantly learning, make mistakes & grow from them.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself, you’re doing great & are exactly where you’re meant to be.
- Do something for someone else & continue to help charities such as future dreams, prince’s trust & cook for Syria.
Have a go at writing your own intentions for the month or year. It’s a lovely way to start a new season!