07 Jul Speedy Prawn & Pea Curry
Speedy Prawn & Pea Curry
This is a quick 15 minute curry that is delicious and satisfying. You could also use frozen prawns, any firm fish (chopped into cubes) or seafood mix. If you can’t get every spice in the recipe, don’t worry, skip that ingredient, I promise it will still be delicious (in fact, sometimes I forget to add a spice myself!) Serve with cauliflower rice or your choice of side.
- In a large wide pan, heat the oil and fry the onion for 5 minutes or until softened, while you prepare everything else.
- Add the garlic, ginger, spices, chilli and coriander stems and cook for a minute, stirring every now and then.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, broth/stock and a pinch of sea salt. Turn up the heat and simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes until thickened (use the time to prepare any sides, like cauliflower rice).
- Add the prawns and let cook for 4 minutes. (Cook for a little longer if using king prawns or from frozen). Add the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Squeeze with lemon (or lime) juice, stir, taste for seasoning and serve scattered with fresh coriander.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 thumb ginger, finely chopped or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 chilli (any colour), finely chopped or use ½ tsp chilli powder, to taste
- Coriander stems, finely chopped (fresh coriander reserved for serving, below)
- 1 x 400ml tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml quality bone broth, stock or hot water
- 300g raw medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 250g frozen peas
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
- 1 handful fresh coriander, leaves roughly chopped