23 Oct Spiced Carrot Soup
Soups & Bowl Food
Spiced Carrot Soup
You’ve probably got these spices but you could always swap the cumin or coriander for a touch of smoked paprika too, anything goes with soup. I absolutely love carrots but do feel free to swap them for sweet potato, squash, celeriac or parsnip if you prefer.
- Fry onion in coconut oil, stirring now and then for 5 minutes until softened. Use the time to prep everything else
- Add garlic and spices and let fry for another minute.
- Add the chopped carrots along with the coconut milk and the liquid, stir then put the lid on and let simmer away for about 15 – 18 mins (until the carrots are tender then add a pinch of sea salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Blend in batches, seasoning to taste then serve up with a drizzle of olive oil, extra lemon and chilli flakes and coriander if you like.
- 1 large onion, roughly
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbs coconut oil or ghee
- 8 medium carrots, about 800g
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500ml of quality broth/stock/water
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sea salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander
- Black pepper/chilli flakes
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil