01 Sep Spiced Salmon & Rainbow Slaw
Spiced Salmon & Rainbow Slaw
Featuring bursts of citrus, spice and sweetness, this Spiced Salmon with Rainbow Slaw is a real crowd pleaser. The vibrant slaw is a medley of veg and is a great dish to have up your sleeve when you’re feeding a crowd. And the Peach and Cherry Tomato Salsa just oozes summer dining.
- FISH: Mix together the spices, salt, tamari and maple syrup in a small bowl. Rub your fish in the spices, then set aside to marinade while you get on with everything else.
- SLAW: Shred all your coleslaw ingredients (apart from your herbs) in a food processor and then mix through the dressing and herbs until everything is coated. (This recipe makes a huge amount; perfect for leftovers the next day).
- SALSA: Combine all the chopped salsa ingredients together in another bowl. Squeeze with lime juice, add zest and season to taste.
- COOK: Now you have all your sides ready, place a large frying pan over a high heat and add the coconut oil or ghee. Once the oil is melted and the pan is hot, add your fish, skin-side down and fry for 3 mins until crispy then flip the fish over and turn the heat off. It will continue to cook while you plate up.
- TO SERVE: Divide sides between serving plates, top with fish and garnish with some extra coriander and mint.
- 4 x 200g fish fillets, skin on. Try wild salmon, sea bream or any sustainable fish varieties (ask your fishmonger for the ‘catch of the day’)
- 2tbsp coconut oil or ghee
Caribbean Spice Mix
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne or chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Peach & Cherry Tomato Salsa
- 2 peaches, de-stoned and chopped into 1cm pieces
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- 3 carrots
- 300g, 1 small green or white cabbage
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow or orange pepper
- 300g multicoloured radishes
- 1 large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful of mint, roughly chopped
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp mustard
- Sea salt and pepper