02 Nov Stewed Apples
Breakfast & Brunch
In the Autumn, I make a pan of these a week. They take less than 30 mins with little effort and mean breakfast or pudding is ready to go in seconds, plus it makes the house smell amazing! I mainly have cinnamon but often change it up with five spice powder. No need to peel the apples, just give them a rough chop and they’re good to go (though if you want to peel, go for it). Serve them over yoghurt, dessert or your favourite breakfast warming bowl!
- Core the apples and chop them roughly into 2 cm chunks.
- Cover them in a pan with water, add the cinnamon and let them simmer away for 15-20 minutes until softened, I tend to put the lid on if I’m in a rush.
- When cooked, serve in big dollops on top of your favourite dessert or breakfast staple!
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or a cinnamon stick or ½ tsp five spice powder
- 500ml hot water or enough to cover the apples
- 1k any apples (I prefer tart ones like Braeburn)