23 Oct Sweet Potato, Ginger & Coconut Soup
Soups & Bowl Food
Sweet Potato, Ginger & Coconut Soup
This sweet potato, ginger and coconut soup is both refreshing and comforting all at once. Don’t worry about peeling the sweet potato, instead give it a scrub and it’s good to go. Swap for butternut squash, carrot or celeriac if you prefer a slightly different flavour.
- Fry onion in coconut oil, stirring now and then for 5 minutes until softened. Use the time to prep the other veg
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli flakes if using and let fry for another 2 minutes
- Add the sweet potatoes/squash/carrot along with the coconut milk and the liquid, stir then put the lid on and let simmer away for 12 – 16 mins (depending on the veg) then add a pinch of sea salt or tamari and the lime juice.
- Blend in batches, seasoning to taste then serve up with a drizzle of olive oil, extra lime and chilli flakes and coriander if you like.
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbs coconut oil or ghee
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3cm of fresh ginger, about 1 thumb sized
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 700g of sweet potato or squash/carrot roughly chopped
- 1 x 400ml full fat coconut milk
- 600ml of quality broth/stock/water
- 1tbs tamari or extra sea salt
- juice of 1/2 lime
- sea salt and pepper
- fresh coriander
- extra lime if you like
- chilli flakes
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil