15 Dec Sweet Potato Rounds with Goats Cheese
Party & Celebration Food
Sweet Potato Rounds with Goats Cheese
Bored of bread and always looking for ways to add in some veggies? Try this – take a sweet potato, slice it into rounds and stick them in the oven. Once you have a collection of these rounds, top them with anything – they are delish!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C and melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil or ghee in a large baking tray.
- Chop your sweet potatoes into rounds and toss in the melted oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop your pecans and tomatoes and any herbs to garnish.
- Remove the rounds, top with your toppings and enjoy.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into 1cm thick rounds (no need to peel, just scrub well)
- 100g goats cheese, sliced into rounds if it’s a log or scoop with a spoon
- Small handful sun-blushed (or sun-dried) tomatoes
- 1 large handful dried cranberries or dried fruit of choice
- Handful of pecans, roughly chopped
- Small handful of your favourite herb (I used fresh rosemary)