07 Jul The Best Tomato & Herb Salad
Salads and Small Plates
The Best Tomato & Herb Salad
Banish flashbacks of bland tomato salads with this salad. I love this with fresh, in-season cherry tomatoes: use yellow and red if you can get them, but if you’ve got regular tomatoes, just dice them up. I only make this when I’ve got ripe tomatoes that taste of the sun!
- Place all the ingredients in a large serving bowl. Toss to combine and season to taste.
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved (or quartered, if large)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 handfuls of mixed fresh herbs (I like a mix of parsley, coriander and basil but you could swap in fresh mint and dill or much smaller amounts of fresh oregano or thyme leaves)
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper