21 Dec Festive Fruit & Nut Choc Cookies
Sweets & Puddings
Festive Fruit & Nut Choc Cookies
These vegan festive Fruit & Nut Choc Cookies have been going down such a treat in my house. Use any nut butter you like. I love to stud these cookies with green pistachio and deep red cranberries but they are divine with any dred fruit or nuts – try chopped dates or apricots and cashews. A great excuse to use up any odds and ends of fruit or nut packets.
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the nut butter, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, and baking powder and mix together until very well combined.
- Chop the chocolate and pistachios and fold through the batter.
- Measure out roughly two tablespoon sized balls of the cookie batter onto the lined baking tray, making sure to leave a little room between each one. Press a few cranberries into each.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until the cookies are just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
130g (roughly 8tbsp) smooth almond butter
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
60g good quality dark chocolate
1 small handful dried cranberries or raisins
1 small handful pistachios, roughly chopped
Pinch sea salt