27 Jun Zesty Courgette Ribbon Chive Salad
Salads & sides
Zesty Courgette Ribbon Chive Salad
This is one of the quickest and easiest salads to have up your sleeve and always wows guests. Keep your eyes peeled for the yellow courgettes but the green ones work just as well. Chive flowers are really easy to grow on your windowsill and I’ve got these lovely edible pansies currently growing in my garden that make any dish stand out. Serve as a side alongside your favourite bbq spreads.
- Use a peeler to peel the courgettes into wide thin ribbons (press down harder than if you were peeling a potato)
- Arrange on a plate or platter and dress just before serving (or they will get soggy) and sprinkle over herbs and chive flowers.
- 2 large courgettes
- 1 small handful of herbs eg. dill, basil, mintor pea shoots
- 1 small handful of chive flowers or edible flowers
- Juice ½ lemon
- 3 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper